APRIL NEWS – What Madness!!
Hi everyone, we hope you are all in good health. Here at the Laughing Lizard, we are doing everything possible to keep the virus away. Those that have been in lately will have noticed the strict measures we are taking. We thank you for your co-operation and understanding. The last thing that we want is to have to shut down. We’re sure you don’t want that as well.
At this stage, we will be open as normal until the Government tells us otherwise.
Please, if you are feeling unwell, stay away. Also, all transactions need to be by credit card.
No cash, please.
PUBLIC HOLIDAY HOURS:
April 10th Closed
April 11th Open – 8.00am to 12.00pm
April 12th Closed
April 25th Closed
April 27th Closed
May 2nd Open – 8.00am to 12.00pm
May 4th Closed
DID YOU KNOW:
If you recommend a new customer to us and they come in
and spend a minimum of $50 on their first visit then you will receive 15% off your next purchase (up to $60). Just make sure they tell us that you sent them in. Next time you’re in, pick up some of our REWARD CARDS to hand out to your mates.
A NEW BEER:
We have been busy creating a new beer for you. Unfortunately, you can’t taste it because of the new rules. It will be (Golden coloured, light-bodied Canadian specialty style beer. Low bitterness and hop flavour, medium hop aroma ) We think this will be a big hit and will have a great name for it shortly.
We do dry packs of all our beers. These are made fresh when ordered. Due to these very busy times please give us 48 hours notice to get it ready for you.
This weekend I’ve decided to do a juice cleanse- and by juice I mean beer
If you don’t already, make sure you follow Laughing Lizard on Facebook so you never miss a funny moment, a sale or anything beer related.
We do our best to please, if you love our brewery, we would love for you to share a review. Click the images below to leave a review.
Please check the dates regularly. We will notify you on the Friday of the week before that your beer is ready. We can sometimes start filtering SHARE BEERS from the Monday if we have all the kegs for that beer in.
Please have your kegs in as early as possible. If you have empties at home, they are better off kept here so that we can fill them when you need them. Just ring up & order your beer, we’ll fill your keg, and you pop in and pick it up. Nice & Easy.
If you need extra kegs we sell new kegs for $130 each
WE ALWAYS HAVE, MEXICANA, SUMMER LIZARD, ROCKIN TIMBER, EASY DRY, 4 LIZARDS MID & HALF TAIL, READY TO GO. JUST RING UP & BOOK IT IN.
Beer Glasses /Chill Mate Stainless Steel Beer Cup
Your best part of your keg fridge is your BEER GLASS. Make sure you clean your BEER GLASS or your STAINLESS BEER CUP with salt every 2 weeks.
Wet the inside of the glass and then sprinkle table salt all over the inside. If it doesn’t stick in patches that is where the oily spots are. Get a new dishcloth and rub that salt in. Then rinse with hot water.
Headmaster glasses are the best and we sell them for $4 each or 6 for $20.
Our Stainless double-walled vacuum-sealed beer cups are $28 each. Come and have a look at our stock in the brewery. The stainless steel cups are extraordinary and keep your beer icy cold! They are double wall, 304 stainless steel and are paired well with a BBQ, by a pool, on a boat, in a chair, standing up, they are an absolute necessity over summer so pop in and get yours! They are racing out the door at $28 each.
No better time to buy a Gift Voucher than now!
We are currently trading as #BEERMUSFLOW BUT, support our business even more and buy a gift voucher. Give the brewery a call and we can whip up a gift voucher to use now or when the world is slightly less COVID-19 impacted.
Due to the panic buying of some people, we are limiting our spirit yeasts to 2 packs per customer and 2 lots of 8kg Dextrose packs.
We still have plenty of essences and top these up weekly. If you buy 5 or more essences, mix & match if you like, you get 10% off.
“Just because you are isolating, doesn’t mean you can’t have cold craft beer at home. “
KEG FRIDGES – Great Keg Fridges & UNBELIAVBLE prices
We still have plenty of Keg Fridges left at great prices. CLICK HERE TO VIEW KEG FRIDGES
However, when they are all sold, we’re not sure if we can get any more for a little while so don’t’ leave it too long.
- we guarantee your warranty,
- we personally check every fridge and make sure yours is good to go.
- We test your regulator to make sure it’s good.
- We even modify your kegs by replacing the poppet springs and the post-o-rings. This ensures that your posts won’t leak beer or gas. However, we do recommend that you do your own gas leak check every time you change a gas bottle.
- Plus, we give you free beer.
“Beer, because you can’t drink bacon”
MONTHLY RECIPE FEATURING BEER
Whilst in isolation, why not open your favourite bottle of Laughing Lizard beer, get into the kitchen and get this delicious soup a go! Best coupled with more beer on the side! Yum **hiccup
POTATO, BEER AND CHEESE SOUP
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup laughing lizard beer of choice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Salad croutons, crumbled cooked bacon, minced chives and coarsely ground pepper, optional
- Place the potatoes, onion and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat; cool slightly (do not drain). In a blender, cover and process mixture in batches until smooth. Return all to the pan and heat through.
- Stir in the milk, beer, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon, salt, mustard and white pepper; heat through. Stir in cheese just until melted. If desired, top with croutons, bacon, chives and/or pepper.
- Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 30 min.
- Makes8 servings ( or if you eat like us, then serves 4) #alwayshungry
That’s it from us. Enjoy your social distancing as best you can. Keep well. Hopefully, we’ll get through this soon. In the meantime, we still have plenty of cold beer to keep you happy & sane.
CHEERS FROM THE LAUGHING LIZARD TEAM